Zoe Rooney is a front end developer from Philadelphia who has defined her niche and turned her skills and passion for WordPress into a successful business allowing her to work from home and spend time with her kids. Let’s learn how she’s done this.
Leave a comment under the video and tell Zoe where you think the future of WordPress themes is headed and you could win 3 months access to her NeatlyPolished WP Theme Development course valued at $79.
Congratulations Chelsea! Zoe has chosen you as the lucky winner of the competition! Thanks for your contribution and keep elevating! (February 2015).
Some of the highlights of this episode include:
• Why Shopify is better for eCommerce than WooCommerce (controversial)
• How specialising in a niche helps you get more clients
• Speaking at conferences is good for business
[vum-tweet tweet=”I’ve got really clear with myself about what I want to do and not do.”]
Elevation Round Answers
Here are the answers to the questions in our Elevation round. Watch the interview to get the full scoop.
1. Building community – NOT networking
2. Finding a niche
3. Just don’t
4. Be detailed and clear
5. I don’t have one
6. Regular communication
7. Only share work that represents the work you want
8. Be an extra nice, extra friendly and extra professional version of yourself
[vum-tweet tweet=”Your work is beautiful and I want to work with you..”]
Zoe suggested I interview Naomi Bush from Stripe. Naomi, keep your eyes on your inbox.
Hint: to enter the competition, leave a comment below and tell Zoe where you think WordPress themes are headed in the future.