Marcus Sheridan wanted to be a dentist, grew up to be a Pool guy and now travels the world teaching inbound content marketing. He does not hold back in this episode. If you’re struggling at all with content marketing this is a must watch.
We're giving away a copy of Jay Baer's book "Youtility". Just tell us in the comments the number one request you get from clients for their website that makes you cringe. Bonus points for telling us how you convince them otherwise.
"Congratulations Peter! Marcus has chosen you as the lucky winner of the competition! Thanks for your contribution and keep elevating!" (January 2015).
Some of the highlights of this episode include:
• staying ahead of the curve keeps me awake at night
• make your proposals look like a storyboard – less is more
• publish content without any expectation of the results – and don’t count your comments!
Elevation Round Answers
Here are the answers to the questions in our Elevation round. Watch the interview to get the full scoop.
1. Do not immediately agree with your customer – challenge them and you charge a premium
3. Stop agreeing with everybody
4. Submit story boards and less is more
6. Write down milestones and be held accountable
7. Just be awesome and be likeable
8. Be more honest and transparent than anyone else
Marcus suggested I interview Ryan Hanley from Content Welfare. Ryan, keep your eyes on your inbox.
Hint: to enter the competition, leave a comment below and tell us the number one request you get from clients for their website that makes you cringe. Bonus points for telling us how you convince them otherwise!